2010-01-07

Where The Wild Things Are




I got aware of "Where the Wild Things Are" probably much too late. As a London child in mid 1970s I might have come across Maurice Sendak's masterpiece among our school visits to the library, but I can't seem to remember.
By reading The Guardian last November I found the book because of its movie adaptation directed by Spike Jonze upon Dave Eggers' screenplay and the puppets of Jim Henson. It grew in me the delight, the need and the "I just can't wait" all around it.
My luck came this Christmas, as a gift. And I truely love the book. So does my six year old son. This is a great simple story, with that natural child mischief, the sense of adventure, fear, fun and sadness, that is in all of us, filled with Sendak's wonderful illustrations, and a final belief that no matter what, parents will always love their children.







Tomei conhecimento de "Where the Wild Things Are" provavelmente tarde demais. Isto porque vivendo em criança na Londres de 1970s deverei ter cruzado com esta obra-prima (texto e desenhos) do americano Maurice Sendak nas nossas visitas à Biblioteca, mas não consigo lembrar-me.
Ao ler diariamente o site The Guardian encontrei em Novembro passado notícia do livro por causa da sua adaptação cinematográfica com argumento de Dave Eggers e realização de Spike Jonze e os bonecos de Jim Henson, que estreia hoje (veremos o que isto nos reserva). E cresceu em mim o deslumbre e a ansiedade à volta desta história.
A minha sorte chegou este Natal na forma de presente. E verdadeiramente adoro este livro. E o meu filho de seis anos também. Editado em Portugal pela kalandraka sob o nome "Onde Vivem os Monstros" é fantasticamente simples a história de Max e dos monstros que encontra, recheada de deliciosas ilustrações que expõem a natureza humana, as travessuras de criança, a aventura e o medo, a diversão e a tristeza, e a crença final que os pais amarão os filhos acima de tudo.

_